Every client consent to the below when paying registration fee or start-up fees.
Start-up fee (Registration Fee) covers
Administration time, counselling, guidance on the rental market, house-search, landlord dialogue and matching expectations. This fee cannot be refunded. For this fee you will get a dedicated contact person who can answer any questions you may have and assist you if you have found a tenancy on your own or have any concerns whatsoever about the Danish rental market. So registering for the service also means that “you are not alone” as you are when you pay registration fees for usual Bolig Portals.
Success fee covers
Finding the home, looking at your contract, negotiations on rent and other terms – and if you have added extra services, also the viewings, lease contract explanations, and all the rest.
A success fee is due to Charlie’s Roof when terms of a contract has been agreed between tenant and landlord, and the contract has been ordered: If terms of a) rent level, b) length of contract c) termination clause d) deposit & prepaid rent e) payment for utilities has all been accepted by you and we get a contract from the landlord that matches this agreement, success fee must be paid. This means: In the event that Charlie’s Roof secures a contract for a client (where all terms are as agreed as per above) after which the client decides not to proceed with Charlie’s Roof’s services, the success fee is still due. Why do we do this? Our relationship with the landlords are core to our business and to us getting good housing options for our clients: If landlords reserve their housing options for our clients and spend time on viewings, preparing contracts and more (which can also be costly if they have lawyers prepare them), and our clients turn down the option, we lose our good relationship with the landlords.
By engaging with Charlie’s Roof, you have accepted the following Terms & Conditions
- We cannot offer any guarantees of finding you accommodation. We only take on clients for our Packages who we think we can offer a realistic chance of helping but nonetheless, due to the nature of the rental market in Copenhagen and Århus, we simply cannot give a concrete guarantee.
- Start-up fee (Registration Fee) cannot be refunded and it covers: Administration time, counselling, guidance on the rental market, house-search, landlord dialogue and matching expectations. For this fee you will get a dedicated contact person who can answer any questions you may have and assist you if you have found a tenancy on your own or have any worries whatsoever about the Danish rental market. So registering for the service also means that “you are not alone” as you are when you pay registration fees for usual Bolig Portals.
- A success fee is due to Charlie’s Roof when a contract has been agreed between tenant and landlord. In the event that Charlie’s Roof secures a contract for a client (where all terms are as agreed) after which the client decides not to proceed with Charlie’s Roof’s services, the success fee is still due.
- We do not set deadlines for finding you suitable accommodation, due to the nature of the housing market. We do everything we can to find you a suitable home within your required timeframe.
- For all services and packages that include a Home Search, if your criteria change significantly during the course of your search (i.e. criteria such as new location, size, rent level), an extra fee of 1.500 kroner will be charged. This additional fee (paid immediately when the criteria change), represents the fact that the change in criteria essentially requires a new home search to begin
There are no set number of housing options we will offer to you.
- Sometimes we will offer the same housing option to multiple clients in order to avoid losing the housing if the first client does not choose the option. We will always be open and transparent about who is ’first in line’ to secure the option if multiple clients are interested.
- If you succeed in finding housing through a different medium than Charlie’s Roof, we would appreciate that you inform us so that we can dedicate our resources to helping others find accommodation.
- If you are looking for accommodation on the cheaper end of the market you must be prepared to act fast. You must be willing to go on viewings at short notice and to accept a lease contract at short notice, as that is the nature of the rental market in Copenhagen and Århus especially. If you do not reply to communications from us with regards a viewing within 12 hours, the option may be passed on to another client.
- If we have booked a viewing that you are supposed to attend on your own (or alternative representatives than Charlie’s Roof) and you cancel the viewing later than the previous working day (ends at 5 pm), you pay a compensation of 500 kroner which we are often charged by landlords for wasting their time. It is core to our business that we maintain a good landlord relationship, so please be there on time for viewings!
- Charlie’s Roof cannot provide legal advice. For official legal help, you may contact a local attorney.
- We require you, as a tenant, to maintain the tenancy you get through us. We expect that you keep the house rules and maintain a good relationship with your landlord. Our landlord network is of great importance to us, and we assume that all of our clients help us maintain this good relationship.
- Disclaimer: Charlie’s Roof is not advisory liability insured, and therefore no claims can be made against Charlie’s Roof.
The use of advice received by Charlie’s Roof is at your own risk.
Charlie’s Roof er ikke rådgiveransvarsforsikret, og dermed kan intet krav som følge af den vejledende rådgivning gøres gældende mod Charlie’s Roof. Anvendelse af vejledning og / eller vejledende rådgivning modtaget fra Charlie’s Roof er således på eget ansvar.
- International transfers always incur an additional charge of 75 kroner.
- The start-up / registration fee can never be refunded.
- Success fee is always due if we get you a lease contract that you and landlord both accept.
- After an invoice is sent, payment must be made within 8 days. Thereafter, a charge of 200 DKK is incurred and daily interest will be charged at 5%.