Our Client Data Policy can be found here.
- You will pay an additional rush charge of 1.500DKK on searches completed within less than 4 weeks (when this was the deadline given). This fee is added to the success fee upon completion of the search.
- You will pay an additional fee of 1.000 DKK per pet, if we are to find rentals where pets are allowed. This is extremely hard in Danish rentals (especially in the bigger cities) and makes our job a lot more complicated and time consuming.
- You will pay an additional fee of 1.000 DKK per viewing, if we are to do viewings on your behalf in weekends and on public bank holidays.
- For all services and packages that include a Home Search, if your criteria change significantly during the course of your search (i.e. criteria such as new location, size, rent level), an extra fee of 1.500 DKK will be charged. This additional fee (paid immediately when the criteria change), represents the fact that the change in criteria essentially requires a new home search to begin.
The below is covered when paying a registration fee or initial fee:
Administration time, counselling, guidance on the rental market, house-search, landlord dialogue and expectation matching. This fee cannot be refunded. For this fee you will get a dedicated contact person who can answer any questions you may have, assist you if you have found a tenancy on your own or if you have any concerns/questions about the Danish rental market.
The below is covered when paying a success fee:
Finding your home, reviewing your rent contract, negotiating the rent and other terms.
A success fee is due to Charlie’s Roof when terms of a contract have been agreed between tenant and landlord, and the contract has been ordered. If a) rent level, b) length of contract, c) termination clause, d) deposit & prepaid rent and e) payment for utilities have all been accepted by you and a contract is provided from the landlord that matches this agreement, the success fee must be paid. This means that in the event that Charlie’s Roof secures a contract for a client (where all terms are as agreed as per above) after which the client decides not to proceed with Charlie’s Roof’s services, the success fee is still due. Why do we do this? Our relationship with the landlords are core to our business and to us getting good housing options for our clients. If a landlord reserves their apartment or house for our client (and thereby spends time on viewings, preparing contracts etc. which can be costly), and our client turns the contract down very late in the process, we can lose our valuable good relationship with the landlord.
By engaging with Charlie’s Roof, you have accepted the following Terms & Conditions
- We cannot offer any guarantees of finding you accommodation. We only take on clients for our services who we think we can offer a realistic chance of helping but nonetheless, due to the nature of the rental market in Copenhagen and Århus, we simply cannot give a concrete guarantee.
- The initial fee cannot be refunded. What is included in this fee is stated above.
- A success fee is due to Charlie’s Roof when a contract has been agreed between tenant and landlord. In the event that Charlie’s Roof secures a contract for a client (where all terms are as agreed) after which the client decides not to proceed with Charlie’s Roof’s services, the success fee is still due.
- We do not set deadlines for finding you suitable accommodation, due to the nature of the housing market. We do everything we can to find you a suitable home within your required timeframe.
- There are no set number of housing options we will offer to you.
- Sometimes we will offer the same housing option to multiple clients in order to avoid losing the housing if the first client does not choose the option. We will always be open and transparent about who is first in line to secure the option if multiple clients are interested.
- If you succeed in finding housing through a different medium than Charlie’s Roof, we would appreciate that you inform us so that we can dedicate our resources to helping others find accommodation.
- If you are looking for accommodation on the cheaper end of the market you must be prepared to act fast. You must be willing to go on viewings at short notice and to accept a lease contract at short notice, as that is the nature of the rental market in Copenhagen and Århus especially. If you do not reply to communications from us with regards to a viewing within 12 hours, the option may be passed on to another client.
- If we have booked a viewing that you are supposed to attend on your own (or alternative representatives than Charlie’s Roof) and you cancel the viewing later than the previous working day (ends at 5 pm), you must pay a 500 DKK fee. It is core to our business that we maintain a good landlord relationship, so please be there on time for viewings!
- Charlie’s Roof cannot provide legal advice. For legal help, you must contact an attorney.
- We require you, as a tenant, to maintain the tenancy you get through us. We expect that you keep the house rules and maintain a good relationship with your landlord. Our landlord network is of great importance to us, and we require our clients to help us maintain this good relationship.
- Disclaimer: Charlie’s Roof is not advisory liability insured, and therefore no claims can be made against Charlie’s Roof. The use of advice received by Charlie’s Roof is at your own risk.
- Charlie’s Roof er ikke rådgiveransvarsforsikret, og dermed kan intet krav som følge af den vejledende rådgivning gøres gældende mod Charlie’s Roof. Anvendelse af vejledning og / eller vejledende rådgivning modtaget fra Charlie’s Roof er således på eget ansvar.
- International transfers always incur an additional charge of 75 DKK.
- The initial/ registration fee can never be refunded.
- The success fee is always due if we provide you with a lease contract the terms of which you and the landlord both accept.
- After an invoice is sent, payment is due within 14 days. If the invoice is not paid by the due date a charge of 100 DKK will be applicable and interest will be charged at the rate of 0,70%.